- February 5, 2016
- Posted by: Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network
- Category: LAN Update
We invite you to participate in several upcoming events. This month LAN Work Groups are releasing three draft white papers:
The release of these draft papers, from our Population-Based Payment and Clinical Episode Payment work groups, is accompanied by webinar presentations by Work Group members, the opening of comment periods for soliciting your input electronically, and listening sessions geared to hear the perspectives of specific stakeholder groups including purchasers, payers, providers, states, patients, and consumers on the papers’ subject matter.
In addition to events related to these papers, we invite your participation in a webinar on value-based payment for managing patients living with chronic illness.
Please mark your calendars:
- Monday, February 8 – Comment Period Opens: Draft White Papers on Accelerating and Aligning Population-Based Payment Models: Patient Attribution; and Accelerating and Aligning Population-Based Payment Models: Financial Benchmarking. The Population-Based Payment (PBP) Work Group invites you to comment on the draft white papers beginning next week through Monday, March 7. Comments will be accepted on the LAN website and on Handshake.
- Tuesday, February 9 – LAN Update Webinar: Accelerating and Aligning Population-Based Payment Models: Preliminary Recommendations on Patient Attribution and Financial Benchmarking. Register here for this virtual presentation on Tuesday, February 9 from 12:00-1:30 pm ET. PBP Work Group Co-chair Dana Safran, and work group members Michael Chernew and Amy Nguyen Howell will walk through the Work Group’s recommendations and invite your questions and feedback.
- Wednesday, February 17 – Comment Period Opens: Draft White Paper on Accelerating and Aligning Clinical Episode Payment Models: Elective Joint Replacement. The Clinical Episode Payment (CEP) Work Group invites you to comment on this draft white paper beginning Wednesday, February 17 through Friday, March 18. Comments will be accepted on the LAN website and on Handshake.
- Tuesday, February 23 – LAN Update Webinar: Accelerating and Aligning Clinical Episode Payment Models: Preliminary Recommendations on Elective Joint Replacement. Register here for this virtual presentation Tuesday, February 23 from 12-1:15pm EST. The CEP Work Group Chair Lew Sandy will walk through the draft paper and solicit your questions and feedback. Work Group member Steven Spaulding will discuss the Arkansas Healthcare Payment Improvement Initiative, which uses episode payment to drive innovation in care delivery for a number of different procedures and conditions, including joint replacement.
- Wednesday, February 24 – LAN Learnings Webinar: Value-Based Payment for Patients Living with Chronic Illness. In collaboration with the Health Care Transformation Task Force, this webinar features panelists from Aetna, Providence Health & Services, and the Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) who will share promising payment models serving this population. Register here.
We look forward to your involvement in this busy month.