Goal of the ACAC
The purpose of the ACAC is to catalyze the accountable care landscape beyond payment reform and increase collaboration and alignment across key stakeholder groups.
Accountable Care Defined
“Accountable Care” centers on the patient and aligns their care team to support shared decision-making and help realize the best achievable health outcomes for all through equitable, comprehensive, high quality, affordable, longitudinal care.
Create a movement that promotes efforts to advance accountable care
Coordinate with and leverage other LAN initiatives and activities
Foster partnerships to facilitate
large-scale application of findings
and best practices
Targeted Areas for Activity
- Identify metrics and measures of success for value-based care arrangements to provide specific levers stakeholders can employ to move up the Accountable Care Curve.
- Pinpoint strategies and activities to motivate specialty care providers to engage in value-based care arrangements.
- Create a campaign for purchasers to motivate contracting of value-based care arrangements and reduce benefits coverage change.
- Amplify existing industry efforts to encourage patient-provider conversations about evidence-based care.
As of January 5, 2023, the list of participants includes the following organizations:
• Alliance for Community Health Plans (ACHP)
• American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
• American Heart Association (AHA)
• American Hospital Association (AHA)
• American Medical Association
• America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)
• Arnold Ventures
• Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP)
• Association of State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO)
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA)
• Civitas Networks for Health
• Commonwealth Fund
• Community Catalyst
• Families USA
• Health Evolution
• Health Care Transformation Task Force
• Healthcare Leadership Council
• National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP)
• National Alliance of Healthcare Purchasers
• National Association of ACOs (NAACOS)
• National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
• National Association of Medicaid Directors (NAMD)
• National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
• National Council on Mental Wellbeing
• National Quality Forum (NQF)
• Partnership to Align Social Care
• Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF)
• The Leapfrog Group
Contact us to get involved in the ACAC!
How do I join the ACAC?
- Thank you for your interest in joining the ACAC, we are not accepting new members at this time, but may in the future. Stay up to date on ways you can participate with the LAN by subscribing to the LAN mailing list and social channels on Twitter and LinkedIn.
How can I contribute to the ACAC?