Which measures will be utilized to measure quality?
Identify Relevant Quality Measures
- Identify areas for improvement based on current performance
- Engage providers and stakeholders in choosing measures
- Consider measures already collected, reported or publicly available, including those used by other payers
- Consider measures with state, regional or national benchmarks
How will the payer and provider determine performance?
Determine How to Reward Quality
- Performance relative to benchmarks or targets
- Performance relative to other providers
- Performance relative to past performance
How will performance on measures be tied to savings or risk?
Determine How Quality will Affect the Episode Financial Model
- Integrate quality directly into the financial model and allow for performance to adjust the savings (or loss) percentages
- Use quality performance independently of the financial model, and reward with a separate quality bonus pool or another mechanism.
Quality Measurement Part 1- Friday, March 3, 2017
Quality Measurement Part 2 – Monday, March 20, 2017