As an organization that is currently leading more than 10,000 small practice and safety net clinicians in America’s smallest and most remote communities, we are in full support of the LAN and CMS’s goals to tie 50% of payments to alternative payment models and CMS’s goal to tie 90% of all traditional Medicare payments to value and quality by 2018.
Our specific goals include:
- Provide education, technical support, and assistance to 17,000 clinicians to improve quality and lower cost.
- Graduate 75% of our Practice Transformation Network clinicians into value-based payment models, including ACOs, by 2018.
- Provide the infrastructure and support to establish state-based, provider-owned, Clinically Integrated Networks (CINs) to assist independent practices in accessing value-based contracts with Medicaid and Commercial Payors.
- Improve primary care quality measure performance by 10% by helping practices implement robust prevention and wellness programs.
- Reduce costs by 10% by reducing unnecessary utilization by helping practices implement robust chronic care management programs.