Date(s) - Monday, September 25, 2017, 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Monday, September 25, 2017
2:00PM – 4:00PM ET
MAC Session 9: Episode Payment Design and Implementation in Medicaid Managed Care States and MAC Wrap-Up
- The first hour of this session will focus on the opportunities and challenges relevant to State Medicaid agencies and managed care organization, with discussion on questions such as:
- What are the decision points between a Medicaid agency and the MCOs when exploring an episode model?
- What are the trade-offs between the state providing MCOs with broad parameters for design and implementation, versus being very prescriptive in how an APM is implemented?
- How does the flexibility versus prescriptive decision play out in the contracting process – both between the state and the MCOs, and between the MCOs and providers?
- The second hour will be an open mic session, in which we want to hear from all of you on the following:
- What are the most important things you’ve learned by participating in the MAC?
- Using the original self-assessment scale, where are you in terms of readiness to adopt?
- What are the most pressing questions you have related to how to get to the next step in APM adoption?
- What is on your “wish list” in order to keep making progress.
- Agenda – Coming Soon
- Other materials TBD