Date(s) - Monday, May 22, 2017, 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Monday, May 22, 2017
2:00PM – 3:00PM ET
MAC Session 5: Alternative Models of Maternity Care Delivery & Determining Services
The purpose of this meeting is to help payers and providers determine which services should be included in an episode, with a focus on the importance of alternative care modalities that can improve care experience and outcomes. Through the discussion of alternative care delivery models, participants will be prepared to take the next step in designing a maternity episode model or other APM to support alternative care delivery services, in order to arrive at value-based care.
- Meeting Slides
- Session Materials
- ACOG Definition of Levels of Maternal Care
- Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers
- Midwifery Credentials Comparison Chart
- Learn about options for maternity care delivery models outside of traditional OB/GYN and hospital births, and discuss the factors to consider in determining which services to include in an APM.
- Ask questions of and interact with each other and expert discussants who represent organizations that have incorporated innovative models into their maternity APMs and understand how they determined which services to include.
- Identify leading and promising practices for further action
- Commit to action steps specific to this topic
- Solicit participant feedback and any specific requests for future meetings
- Understand the value of these alternative care delivery and birth sites, related to patient experience, patient outcomes, and costs.
- Understand and discuss services to include in an episode across the entire perinatal episode (prenatal, labor and delivery, and postpartum care), and recognize how these choices intersect with the patient population (e.g., baby and NICU).
- Cara Osborne, Baby +Co