Date(s) - Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Objectives for the Meeting
- Introduce members through discussion
- Clarify role of Guiding Committee
- Begin to identify priorities of the LAN
- Tee up June in-person meeting
- Welcome and Opening Comments – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith, Anne Gauthier
- Identifying Priorities for the LAN – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith
- What should be the LAN’s priorities in order to provide practical assistance to the field in the near term?
- Looking Ahead – Anne Gauthier
- Online Meeting with LAN Participants
- June In-Person Meeting
- Work Group #1
- Closing Remarks – Mark McClellan, Mark Smith
The first Guiding Committee conference call meeting was held on May 27, 2015 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm EDT. The purpose of the meeting was to introduce the Guiding Committee members, clarify the role of the Guiding Committee, initiate discussion on priorities of the Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network (LAN), and highlight upcoming events. Twenty three of the 24 Guiding Committee members, including Co-chairs Dr. Mark McClellan and Dr. Mark Smith, participated on this first call.
Dr. McClellan opened the discussion by reviewing the LAN’s goal to accelerate the transition to alternative payment models (APMs) and moving to at least 30 percent of Medicare fee-for-service payments to quality or value through APMs by 2016 and at least 50 percent by 2018. Dr. Patrick Conway, Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality & CMS Chief Medical Officer at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services thanked everyone for participating and reiterated the necessity of working across sectors. He stressed the LAN is a critical accelerator to aligning the public and private sectors and making faster progress.