Date(s) - Friday, October 30, 2015, 2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Add to Calendar
iCalendar - iCal
Google Calendar -
Objectives for the Meeting
- Provide background on Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network (LAN) and the proposed role of the Consumer and Patient Affinity Group (CPAG).
- Gain input on how the CPAG and the Leadership Committee can best function.
- Determine how to build on existing organizations and efforts, including the roles of member organizations.
- Gain perspectives on what activities will be most valuable to consumers and patients in the context of payment reform.
- Prioritize next steps.
- Welcome and Meeting Overview– Mark Smith, Anne Gauthier
- LAN Background and Context– Mark Smith
- Purpose of CPAG and Role of Leadership Committee– Mark Smith, Debra Ness
- Immediate Priorities and Other Potential Activities– Alan Balch
- Wrap-Up and Next Steps– Anne Gauthier
On October 30, 2015 the Health Care Payment Learning and Action Network’s (LAN) Leadership Committee opened a planning meeting for the CPAG. The LAN acknowledges the importance of consumer and patient involvement in the movement towards healthcare that is based on quality and value, therefore the CPAG will serve to bring perspectives, insights, and priorities that are important to patients and consumers. During the meeting, the panel discussed ways to best to promote the creation, development, and testing of measures that would be helpful for patients and families.